Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day!



Thought of mum when I saw this pic. Still remember mum telling me when the cloud turned pinky, it will rain the next day. Heard that it was from grandma. There wasn't weather forecast in the good old days, so the older generations predict the weather by looking at the cloud so that they know if they can go fishing. My dad's side were all from China. They travalled all the way to Malaysia back in the 50's to get out of China for better living. Or else I guess I'll still be there now..

Today's Mother's Day. Just wanna thanks my mum for everything she'd done for us and thanks for being such a great mum to me! So do you, dad! Though Father's day is a month away, but to me, you guys are the greatest parents!

2 Old Comments:

A tribute to all mothers :-)

@@@

"Can I see my baby?" the happy new mother asked. When the bundle was
nestled in her arms and she moved the fold of cloth to look upon his tiny
face, she gasped. The doctor turned quickly and looked out the tall
hospital window. The baby had been born without ears.

Time proved that the baby's hearing was perfect. It was only his appearanc
e that was marred. When he rushed home from school one day and flung
himself into his mother's arms, she sighed, knowing that his life was to
be a succession of heartbreaks. He blurted out the tragedy, "A boy, a big
boy...called me a freak."

He grew up, handsome for his misfortune. A favorite with his fellow
students, he might have been class president, but for that. He developed a
gift, a talent for literature and music. "But you might mingle with other
young people," his mother reproved him, but felt a kindness in her heart.

The boy's father had a session with the family physician. “Could nothing
be done?”, the concerned father asked.

"I believe I could graft on a pair of outer ears, if they could be
procured" the doctor decided.

The search began for a person who would make such a sacrifice for a young
man. Two years went by.

Then one day, the father told his son, "You are going to the hospital,
son. Mother and I have someone who will donate the ears you need. But it's
a secret"

The operation was a brilliant success, and a new person emerged. His
talents blossomed into genius, and school and college became a series of
triumphs. Later he married and
entered the diplomatic service. "But I must know!" He urged his father.
"Who gave so much for me? I could never do enough for him."

"I do not believe you could," said the father, "but the agreement was that
you are not to know...not yet."

The years kept their profound secret, but the day did come . . . one of
the darkest days that ever pass through a son. He stood with his father
over his mother's casket. Slowly, tenderly, the father stretched forth a
hand and raised the thick, reddish-brown hair to reveal . . . that the
mother had no outer ears.

"Mother said she was glad she never let her hair be cut," he whispered
gently, "and nobody ever thought mother less beautiful, did they"?

Real beauty lies not in the physical appearance, but in the heart. Real
treasure lies not in what that can be seen, but what that cannot be seen.
Real love lies not in what is done and known, but in what that is done but
not known. It will be Mothers’ Day this coming Sunday. How do you intend
to celebrate this day with your mother or even your grandmother? A simple
lunch fare or a big sumptuous feast? No matter how you intend to
celebrate, just ensure that you enjoy your day out with the first woman of
your life. I hereby wish all mothers and mothers-to-be a very “Happy
Mothers’ Day”!


who else,
char siew...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 PM, May 09, 2005  

Its so touching, char siew.

By Blogger Tracy, at 5:14 PM, May 10, 2005