Sunday, July 17, 2005

How to Un-dongle?

I wasn't very productive today. Initially I wanted to get myself familiar with this software that I'll be using for 3 of my assignments but I ended up searching for its crack the whole day. I had the full version already, just that I want the latest instead..

I don't have problems searching for cracks all these while but this software is getting on my nerves. Finished 2Gb then I realised it needs dongle!!

A dongle (pronounced DONG-uhl) is a mechanism for ensuring that only authorized users can copy or use specific software applications, especially very expensive programs. Common mechanisms include a hardware key that plugs into a parallel or serial port on a computer and that a software application accesses for verification before continuing to run; special key diskettes accessed in a similar manner; and registration numbers that are loaded into some form of ROM (read-only memory) at the factory or during system setup.

First and for most, sorry to those working as software developer or programmer or whatever you call it. It wasn't my intention to "steal" it but I ain't paying few thousands bucks for a software. It's too expensive and there's no way I can afford it, or put it this way, I would consider to buy if they reduce the price to 75% less.

Guess the only thing I can do now is "STICK TO WHAT I HAVE". Backside itchy..

0 Old Comments: