Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Digital vs Analog

My boss sorta have-a-chat with me yesterday for almost 2 hours. As usual, he'll start with any idea to improve the business and all his old time stories while he was still a sound engineer. Honestly sometimes I really don't like to listen to all this. He'll tell us how difficult it was during his time and how good business and how comfortable and easy to be a engineer nowadays.

I know all these already but I don't understand why is he kept repeating. What am I suppose to respond? Everything went digital and make our lives easier is not good? Analog is still the best? It's 2 different era, boss. Some stuff are already obsolete, get over it. Last time you were the pioneer in this business, now you are not. Simple as that. I'm not being mean but living in the past doesn't get you any further. This is what's been holding you back and miss out the current opportunity.

Given a chance, I wish I can be in your era to use everything in analog. The truth is I can't. Using digital doesn't mean we do lesser. It meant faster and easier. Well.. get over it, boss!

0 Old Comments: