Saturday, May 14, 2005

Baking

I baked my first banana cake today. Haha.. I considered it as successful because it looked, smell and tasted like one. It took me approx. less than an hour. The ingredients were as below (if you're interested):

Raising flour - 150gr
Egg - 2
Brown sugar - 70gr or less
Butter - 100gr
Banana - 2
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon

I baked this cake without a mixer, so I was having a rather hard time barehanded! Well, you wouldn't want to know.. The result matters more than the method. I am a hygience freak anyway.



I still couldn't figure out the very reason that brought me into cooking & baking lately. I had made 4 dishes in these few days, all desserts and snacks. If I wasn't doing it myself, I wouldn't know the amount of sugar consumed in it. Guess what, I almost finished the full pack of 500gram CSR brown sugar in these 2 days.. Some used for experiment, some eaten, some in the bin.

1 Old Comments:

ur cake is nice!!! looked nice!!

BUt, tian wai you tian.. therefore, u are good.. someone will be even better..
for this is the master bakery!!

Brunetti City Square
Grand Opening Thursday April 28, 2005
Hours of Operation
214 Flinders Lane Monday - Thursday (6:30am - 8pm)
Melbourne VIC 3000 Friday (6:30am - 11pm)
Australia Saturday (7:30am - 11pm)
Sunday (7:30am - 5:30pm)

So when u see This..
Quickly rush down n get some yummy delights la...

Wait no more..

regrds,

who else,
char siew

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 AM, May 22, 2005