Thursday, May 12, 2005

Cooking

I spent half my day in the kitchen. Yup cooking, surprise huh! Well I tried to cook "Mo Mo Cha Cha" and "Shark-fin soup" (碗仔翅). Mum was telling me the recipe and method the other day, so I thought to give it a shot since I managed to get pandan leaves and yam here.

It turned out ALRIGHT but it was nowhere compared to mum's. I guess the reason was the instant coconut milk and the pandan leaves. The instant coconut milk taste so.. different and the pandan leaves were frozen. Of course Dan doesn't know how to appreciate my lousy Malaysian Mo Mo Cha Cha, I'm sure he'll love the authentic one. So I made him so-called Shark-fin soup. *I replaced sharkfin with vermicelli* Because that was the hongkie way. I had it a few times when I was in HK and it taste much better than the real sharkfin. It was back in the 80's when the majority couldn't afford real sharkfin and people came out with this. With the chicken soup base, then add in mushroom & chicken slice, egg, vermicelli, water chestnut powder, vinegar and dark soy sauce, you're done!

Maybe tomorrow I'll bake Banana cake.. There's always first time for everything. Didn't know cooking can be so fun. My 2 weeks holiday's gonna end soon..

0 Old Comments: