Thursday, October 20, 2005

Suddenly..

I have a dream..

I met up with the editor of Meaningful Melbourne Magazine this afternoon. At first I was after the casual work of writing, photography and design of the magazine. The main purpose of this mag is to introduce interesting stuff to everyone in Melbourne such as good restaurants, shops, some knowledge & information, travel, finance etc etc. I really find it meaningful and that's the reason that brought me there. Moreover, I like to write and find out new things.

They used to have a 2-hour session of radio broadcast everyday but due to poor frequency, they ended it. I got home later and suddenly thought of how nice if Melbourne can have their own chinese station or cantonese, whatever. Just like MY Fm. It would be great. People who appreciate chinese/canto songs will know how I feel. Be it with or without chinese background, it just represents the sense of belonging to a place. Imagine.. listening to chinese radio station along Melbourne's freeway.. Well, it sounds good to me at least.

How nice if I can be the one who can make this dream come true? I'm sure alot out there are hoping for this to happen. I want to do it but I don't know how.

2 Old Comments:

I think there's already a Cantonese radio station in Melbourne. Sumo Sushi (some Hong Kong - ers running a Japanese restaurant) at South Yarra used to turn on that station during the day.

I also heard that a friend of a friend of mine used to dj at a Chinese radio station in Melbourne. Usually SBS has some clue about such stations.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM, October 21, 2005  

thanks cliff! just found out 1 called 2CR.. hehe..

By Blogger Tracy, at 2:08 PM, October 22, 2005