Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Karma

Today was hot. And today's not my day either. Everything just went wrong. I was fined a 150 bucks for not having a ticket in the tram on my way back from class.

Well.. Put it this way, I haven't been buying ticket since July 2004 when I started my course. At least I didn't experience that for the past few years in Australia. So I always tell myself that its ok if they fine me one day because I'm already paying so much lesser than what I should have for the past 8 months. BUT now when it really happened, I wish I didn't say that. Me and my bloody mouth. I just think its not worth to pay so much for public transport. Now I can totally, completely, 100% understand how those people who were caught felt. I was so helpless which I lied that I did not have coins, hoping that I can get away. Haha.. How on earth will I know these 2 men who doesn't look like a a conductor at all would come to me? They were in their mid-30s I supposed, wearing T-shirts and shorts with slipper. One can't even speak english properly. I've always heard about friends telling me there are undercover ticket conductors around but it just didn't cross my mind when I get on that tram. But one thing.. I really salute them. They were so cool when they walk towards me. They looked just like FBI, the way they put on their badges and walk with air.... They got me this time. So, they took down my details and the summon will be sent to me in 6 weeks time. I believed its karma. What comes around goes around. I'm paying for what I got away.

Then.. What's done cannot be undone. I decided to go take my lunch. Went to the crepe place again. Had vege lasagne and ice coffee. Sitting there enjoying myself.. Food can really take away all bad thoughts. Hehe.. I took away smoked salmon crepe for tea time! For now, I gotta go take a cold shower! Laters..

0 Old Comments: