Saturday, August 13, 2005

Talk about sounds

One of the assignments will due in September. It requires me to do a mix analysis of a commercially released track. That includes a description of instruments used, processing and production style used. Great, how on earth will I know then.. We had a briefing by Darren on how to do this analysis. Just pick a track but preferably not your favourite because you're gonna hate that song after listening for over hundred times. Then do it that's all.

I was trying to pick a song out of the whole collection of my mp3s. I didn't want to hate any of the songs in there. So I've downloaded 2 alternative albums and plenty more new songs. I haven't been updating my list for quite some time. Lazy perhaps.

I only liked(accept) these few out of 40.. sad huh..
  • Foo Fighters - Best Of You
  • The Afters - Beautiful Love
  • 3 Doors Down - Let Me Go
  • The Killers - Mr Bright Side
  • Long View - When You Sleep
  • April Sixth - Dear Angel
  • The High Speed Scene - The Iroc-Z Song
  • Acceptance - Over You
  • Dishwalla - Collide
  • Anberlin - Paperthin Hymn
  • Stereophonics - Dakota
My ears sorta filtered them for me automatically. Whatever genre it is, I'm fine with all of them really. From oldies to Rock.. BUT no metal please. Somehow I just don't know how to appreciate bands to shout their lungs out while you can't hear a single word of what they're shouting. I think it'll be great to play different genre at different time of the day. Just like I won't play rock in the middle of the night. IT DEPENDS.

Out of the 2 albums, I realised that most alternative bands were male. For this, I agreed that male can do better alternative music than the females. At least until today, I haven't got a single fav female alt band. Back to the assignments, which track should I choose?

0 Old Comments: