Thursday, August 18, 2005

Curry Vege

I cooked curry today. Yes curry! My first curry! Yoohoo...! I can't believe it!

I was scratching my sculp off (soon) trying to figure out how to cook curry while searching all over the internet for the recipe. Thanks to Ms Lynnette Yap for telling me how! I came across these spices last week while shopping for my groceries and I thought it would be nice if I can cook my own. So I bought corriander powder, tumeric powder, garam masala and curry powder without even knowing what is for what. I picked these 4 because they sound familiar to me not because I know what are they for.

Anyway, I did it. 1 tsp of each except the corriander powder will do. Here are the steps. Just reminding myself.
  1. Fry potato until golden brown. Put aside.
  2. Fry onion and garlic until soften. Add 1 tsp each of the 3 mentioned powder.
  3. Stir-fry vege. (This is vege only curry, meat-less)
  4. Add potato.
  5. Pour in water and coconut milk until the gravy turned thickened.
  6. Add salt and pepper for flavor.
  7. WAIT.
  8. Ta-da... that's all!
It wasn't that difficult but too bad not very spicy though I added pepper because I don't have chilli powder. But still.. good try!

1 Old Comments:

Congrats!!! IT look really good, hope u enjoy it.. see, no harm trying and u get another dish to eat... kekekekekke.... need any more recepy? i'll be so happy to help out... take good care now!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 AM, August 19, 2005