Thursday, November 24, 2005

A few good news today!

Finally got the wet mix done! Wet mix means the dry version with effects. Dry means the original, just with balance level, fair use of EQ etc. It wasn't that difficult! Luckily I went in 30 minutes earlier, or I'll never get it done!

So that was the first good news.

Second was I found a few people for recording!!! I was surfing melband.com.au yesterday and emailing people, try to psycho them to have free recording and shit. They actually replied me, so happy!! I havet 2 major recording projects to be done. First is a 2-track recording which require at least 1 vocal, 1 live percussion and 1 acoustic instruments. 2-track is good but no retake. Everyone must play together at the same time. Evan agreed to be the guitarist and a guy name Lachlan will be the vocalist. As for live percussion, I think I'll just bring a few tin can to make some noise.

While for the other recording, I managed to find a ALL-IN-ONE person. He's a bassist and singer. Perfect. Just what I needed. 1 vocal track and 1 amplified instrument. Yay!! I'm running out of time, so I'll take whatever that comes first. If not, I really would want a full band.

The problem now is I couldn't get any free slots in the recording area prior to my departure! I've got one 4-hour session booked on th 5th of Dec but I need another 4-hour for another recording. I'll try to speak with my lecturer to cancel some of others 2-hour. It's urgent what..

Besides all these recording, I still need to mix it and master it. *Fingers crossed* I CAN DO IT!

0 Old Comments: